Certified Solution Focused Coach (CCFC)
Those wishing to be certified as a Certified Solution Focused Coach (CSFC), will provide information by way of application to the CCPC showing their education, supervised experience, and dedicated training in the field of Solution Focused practice and brief coaching.
The application and documentation is then screened for eligibility for certification by an Evaluator and then scrutinized by the Board of Examiners of the CCPC.
The Certified Solution-Focused Coach (CSFC) is a professional designation entitling the owner to affix the letters after his/her name.
Purpose of Certification
The purpose of Certification as a Solution-Focused Coach is to recognize those who have acquired an acceptable standard of training, skills, and effectiveness as a Coach.
Our focus is:
- To provide the avenue for qualified persons who have studied, worked and developed skills in the solution-focused practice and coaching to receive professional recognition.
- To provide the public with the confidence that Solution-Focused Coach has attained an acceptable level of competency.
- To provide Certified Solution-Focused Coach with encouragement for continual awareness, education, and professional development.
Who May Be Certified?
Any person may apply for credentials as a Certified Solution-Focused Coach as long as s/he meets the “Standards Criteria” set by the CCPC Examining Board.
Each applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Education/Training Requirement:
Completion of Solution Focused Coaching Specific Training from the accredited programs that include:
- minimum 60 hours of coach specific training, and
- completion of Coaching Masterclass/Clinical Case Presentation (12 hours) including a 2 Performance Evaluation
- Practice Requirements:
- minimum 125 hours of solution-focused specific coaching practice
- Supervision/Mentorship Requirements:
- minimum of 10 one hour supervision sessions with an approved CCPC Supervisor, Consultant or Mentor
- at least 4 hours of the 10 hours must be one-on-one supervision
- Personal Background Information:
- Current C.V.
- Canadian Applicants are asked to submit a reflective essay on your personal philosophy of coaching practice (500-750 words)
We highly support active membership in a recognized professional association, college or coaching organization.
Criteria for Eligibility
The basic requirements for the CSFC consist of a relevant basic/undergraduate degree, coaching training specific to solution focused coaching, practice hours, supervision and full membership in a coaching professional organization (where applicable) that has a code of ethics and standards of professional practice.
Solution Focused Coaching Practice Requirements Explained (125 hours)
Each applicant must complete a minimum 125 hours of coaching practice. The practice requirements can include supervised experience, reflective practice, clients or peer coaching, case conference or observational learning. At least 75 hours must be paid coaching hours where the candidate works face-to-face with clients (individual or group) and a minimum of 8 different clients.
Supervision/Mentorship Requirements Explained (10 hours)
The purpose of this Supervision/Mentor Requirement is for the candidate to further develop and refine their coaching dexterity necessary to be more responsive and client-centered in various coaching situations. Ten (10) one-hour supervised sessions are required at minimum, and at least 4 hours must be one-on-one supervision/mentorship sessions. Please read the full manual for additional details.
For a list of supervisors, click here
CCPC Code of Ethics
CCPC expects a high standard of practice from their Certified Solution Focused Coaches. The Code of Ethics sets out the essential elements of sound professional practice. Certified Solution Focused Coaches must commit to the ethics listed in the CSFC manual and when applying for the certification.
Annual Renewal Requirements
To keep your certification in good standing, CCPC recommends you complete a minimum of 10 hours of Continuing Education Units related to the practice of solution-focused coaching every year. Credit hours may consist of workshops, professional development courses, contributing to community of practice through publishing, hosting SF learning event etc.
Use of the CCPC Certified Stamp
Certification for CSF is authorized by CCPC Global. Following approval, the professional designation CSFC can be affixed after your name and you may use the professional “CCPC Certified” stamp on your personal media pieces i.e. resume or business cards. After being certified, you may request this stamp by sending an email to us.
How to Apply
To apply please download and read the CSFC manual. It clearly outlines the steps to applying and requirements. To find the manual CLICK HERE and follow the steps. If you need more help or direction, contact us.