Certified Professional Manager™ (CPM)
Excellence, competency, integrity and established professional qualifications are highly desirable in today’s business management field. CCPC Global is a recognized certifying body, certifying qualified individuals who are engaged as Professional Managers.
Certification is granted to professional managers who have met the “standards criteria” set by the CCPC Examining Board. The application provides the opportunity for the applicant to demonstrate adequate skill, knowledge, and competence as a manager.
The applicant must have the equivalent of 4000 hours of full time managerial work experience in addition to course work placement.
A Business Administration degree is required or general degree with adequate add-on education related to the base of knowledge and skills associated with the Professional Manager Core Competencies. All education must be documented with transcripts.
Purpose of Certification
The purpose of certification for the Professional Manager is to recognize those who have acquired an acceptable level of training, skills, work experience and effectiveness as a Professional Manager.
The Certified Professional (CPM) certificate will be issued to those who apply and are approved by the CCPC Examining Board.
The focus is:
- To provide the avenue for qualified persons who have studied, worked, and developed skills in the professional management field to receive professional recognition.
- To provide the public and their employers with confidence that professional managers have attained an acceptable level of competency.
- To provide Certified Managers with encouragement and opportunity for continual education and professional development.
Who may be certified?
Any person may apply for credentials as a Certified Professional Manager (CPM). However, he or she must be able to meet the Standard Criteria for education and experience set by the CCPC Examining Board.
The CCPC has set the following standards for the Experience part of the certification process:
- Experience is defined as supervised managerial work working directly with staff.
- Formal education or unsupervised work experience may NOT be substituted for the experience requirement. All experience must be documented.
- The applicant must have the equivalent of 4000 hours of full time managerial work experience in addition to course work placement.
The CCPC has set the following standards for the Education part of the certification process:
Education is defined as formal classroom education (workshops, seminars, institutes, in-services, and college or university work) in the Management field. Education must be related to the base of knowledge and skills associated with the Core Competencies listed below.
A Business Administration degree is required or general degree with adequate add-on education related to the base of knowledge and skills associated with the Professional Manager Core Competencies. All education must be documented with transcripts included.
After a person has been certified, it is expected that they will continue to attend workshops, seminars, and courses to keep abreast with new developments and maintain a high standard of professional competence in the management field.
There are a number of basic Core Competencies which are required. The CCPC expects that these Core Competencies will be the minimum requirements for certification.
Economics, Information, Communication & Technology, Business Management, Statistical Methods for Business, Principles of Finance, Business Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Advanced Management Practice, Managing People / Staff Development, Human Resource Management, Management Decision Making, Organizational Behaviour, Operations Management, Business Policy and Strategic Management, Organizational Development & Change, and Leadership Skills.
The applicant must:
- Adhere to the established code of ethics and professionalism which holds them accountable for ethical behaviour and professionalism in their relationships with clients, colleagues and external partners;
- Maintain federal, provincial and agency regulations concerning business management by following proper procedures to preserve the client’s
- Set up and maintain a program of self-assessment of professional conduct (strength and weakness) using ethical and legal standards; and
- Continue the process of professional growth and development by assessing one’s training needs and attaining the necessary education.
All applications must be accompanied by two professional references. All references are for the purpose of assisting the CCPC Examining Board make a fair and complete evaluation of the applicant’s competency. All references are treated with strict professional confidentiality.
They should be addressed to CCPC Global and included with the application under confidential cover. Two current written references should include the following information concerning the applicant:
- How has the applicant demonstrated reliability?
- Give examples of the applicant’s ability to work with others.
- How informed is the applicant about the Business Management field?
- Comment on the communication skills of the applicant.
- Comment on the applicant’s ethical (professional) conduct.
The CCPC reserves the right to request additional information if required.
Supervisor Letter and Evaluation
All applications must be accompanied by a completed Supervisor Evaluation and a letter from your current supervisor on employer letterhead. The letter should confirm your position title, length of time in position, and number of hours of work experience as outlined in the Experience section of the Manual.
Keep a Record of your Application
It is recommended that all applicants maintain a personal file for their records. This file should contain copies of all of the following documents: the completed application; all past and current training-related transcripts, diplomas, and certificates; and a record of hours worked both in education and training and in work experience. The CCPC performs periodic checks of those certifications which require continual training or minimum hours worked.
How to apply
If you are interested to apply for this certifications, please go to the manuals tab and download a copy of the CPM Manual or simply CLICK HERE and follow steps. If you need more help or direction, contact us.